Victims Portal Help Center

Return to help center

Who can I name as my representative?

Victim representatives fall into two categories:

  • Individual Representative — someone close to the victim, such as a family member or a friend.
  • Agency Representative — an agent from a government, police or community victim services agency.

Note: Victims may name a representative, change their representative, or decide to begin receiving information directly themselves when registering for a Victims Portal account or at any time during the offender's sentence.

Once named, the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) and/or the Parole Board of Canada (PBC) will contact the named representative using the contact information you provided to confirm their participation and contact preferences. Once confirmed, CSC and/or PBC will contact your representative directly to provide offender information.

Related Information

Frequently Asked Questions Glossary
Date Modified: