Victims Portal Help Center
Welcome to the Victims Portal Help Center where you will find information about the Victims Portal and your role in the criminal justice system as a victim of crime. To search the Help Center, type your question or keywords (e.g., register or sign in) in the search field and click Search.
If you experience problems creating or signing into your Victims Portal account, click here. If you encounter technical problems support is available by calling the Victims Portal Help Desk between 8AM and 4PM ET, Monday to Friday at 1-866-806-2275 and press “6”. You may leave a message outside of our office hours and your call will be returned within two business days.
If you have questions about registering for the information and services that victims can receive you can contact the Correctional Service of Canada toll-free at 1-866-806-2275, or the Parole Board of Canada at 1-866-789-4636 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. (Business hours may vary by region.)
Learn how the Victims Portal can benefit you as a victim of crime and how to register for your Victims Portal account.
- What is the Victims Portal?
- What can I do with the Victims Portal?
- Is the offender notified when I register as a victim on the Victims Portal?
- How will my personal information be used?
- What is 'registration'?
- Who can register for the Victims Portal?
- How do I register for a Victims Portal account?
- What personal information must I provide when registering for a Victims Portal account?
As a victim of crime, you have an important role to play in the criminal justice system. Learn more about the Corrections and Conditional Release Act (CCRA) and how you can participate in the federal corrections and conditional release process.
- Can I receive information about the offender who harmed me?
- Will I automatically receive information about the offender?
- What offender information can registered victims receive?
- How will the offender information be sent to me?
- What is a victim statement?
- Who can present a victim statement at a Parole Board hearing?
- Will my victim statement be shared with the offender?
- Can I provide a statement if there is no parole hearing?
- What is a victim representative?
- Who can I name as my representative?
- How can I change my named representative?
Parole Board Hearings
- What is a parole hearing?
- How can I apply to observe a parole hearing and/or present a victim statement?
- Can I request to listen to the audio recording of an offender’s hearing?
Parole Board Decisions
- What is a Parole Board of Canada decision?
- How does the Parole Board of Canada make parole decisions?
- Can I request a copy of a Parole Board of Canada decision?
- How do I request a copy of a Parole Board decision?
- What is a Correctional Plan?
- What is a Correctional Plan Progress Report and when will victims receive them?
- How is a Correctional Plan created?
- Is a Correctional Plan created for every offender?
- Can I request a copy of the Correctional Plan for the offender(s) I am registered against?
- Date Modified: