Victims Portal Help Center

Return to help center

Who can present a victim statement at a Parole Board hearing?

Under the Corrections and Conditional Release Act (CCRA), if you are an adult harmed by the crime, you may present a prepared statement at a parole hearing. If the victim is deceased, ill or unable to act, you may represent the victim if:

  • you are the spouse or conjugal partner of the victim;
  • you are a relative of the victim;
  • you have custody of, or are responsible for, a dependent of the victim (ie. a child); and
  • you are registered as a victim with the Parole Board of Canada (PBC).

For more information on PBC hearings, see Parole Board Hearings.

Related Information

Frequently Asked Questions Glossary
Date Modified: