Victims Portal Help Center

Return to help center

Who can register for the Victims Portal?

You can apply to be registered by the Correctional Service of Canada and/or the Parole Board of Canada if you are a victim of crime over the age of 18. Under the Corrections and Conditional Release Act (CCRA), a person is a victim of crime if:

  • they have suffered physical or emotional harm, property damage or economic loss as a result of an offence for which the offender was convicted;
  • they are a spouse, conjugal partner, relative of, or person legally responsible for a victim who has died or is not able to act for themselves (e.g. the victim is ill or a child);
  • they have custody of, or are responsible for dependents of a victim who is deceased or is unable to act for themselves;
  • the person who harmed them has not been prosecuted or convicted, but the victim has made a complaint to the police or Crown Attorney's office.

Related Information

Frequently Asked Questions Glossary
Date Modified: