Victims Portal Help Center

Return to help center

Can I provide a statement if there is no parole hearing?

Yes — You may provide information - such as the impact of the crime - for the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) to be aware of when making decisions about the management of the offender's case. You may also ask CSC staff to consider requests for conditions and/or the area where you reside in the release planning/decisions for the offender. CSC forwards your statements to the Parole Board of Canada (PBC) for their consideration in decisions they are mandated to make by the Corrections and Conditional Release Act (CCRA) in relation to the management of the offender's case.

CSC has a responsibility under subsections 27(1) and (2) of the CCRA to share the information you provide with the offender; however, any personal information (address, phone number, etc.) is removed prior to your statement being shared.

Related Information

Frequently Asked Questions Glossary
Date Modified: